I’m pleased to announce v2.1 (code name “Penfold”) of my Rhythmbox plugin Coverart Browser…
- Support for my other plugin alternative-toolbar (see the screenshot above). For me this completes the look-and-feel from my ideal media player.
- Ability to add an album to immediately play after the current album (“play next”). This even works for tracks – you can select tracks to play after the currently playing track
- Quick and easy method to view what you are playing
- One click play now takes into account your tile style
- view, save and zoom your coverart
At the same time, my linked art search plugin Coverart Search Providers has been released. This has even better embedded art finding abilities – using the power of GStreamer as well as the new upstream python3-mutagen library. N.B. python3-mutagen is a new dependency, python3-mutagenx dependency has been removed
Full list of changes for this release:
- Allow switching between coverart-browser and the coverart-playlist sources via picture buttons on each source
- tighter integration with Rhythmbox – addition of select and play using Rhythmbox’s own toolbar play button
- Support the alternative-toolbar capability to hide/show the coverart-toolbar
- Support for GTK 3.14
- Support for the upcoming release of Rhythmbox (3.2?)
- Single click icon display position changes consistently depending upon the cover-tile style (shadow/no shadow etc.)
- view/zoom/save the chosen cover – hover over the coverart on the track pane to reveal
- coverart information in tile-view can be now left/centre & right aligned
- Double click track & cover pane handle to open full height or to close
- Play Next (album)- add the selected album(s) to be the next album after the current playing album
- Play Next (track)- add the selected track(s) to be the next track after the current playing track
- Track Artist and Artist Information Panes can be opened and closed via double-click of the pane-handle
- Bottom Track & Cover Pane has more space – the expander & label has been removed
- Tidied display – visible pane handles disappear after the plugin has been run 5 times
- Add ability to resize Icon-view with CTRL+mouse wheel scroll
- Translated into 25 languages and locales
- for developers – doxygen documentation: http://fossfreedom.github.io/coverart-browser/classes.html
I’m already planning for the next release – code named “Colonel K”. I’m more than happy to receive any contributions – if you are looking to dip your coding toes – feel free to drop by the GitHub project – I’m always willing to help and guide 🙂
Major thanks to the Launchpad Translators – there are better more complete translations this time around. I’m always looking for translators to help out – just drop by the Launchpad Project.
To install – if you are using my PPA then just update your sources as normal.
If you are not – why not! 🙂
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:fossfreedom/rhythmbox-plugins
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rhythmbox-plugin-coverart-browser
The PPA has packages for 14.04, 14.10 & 15.04. See this article for a full list of what these packages are.